1. My student loans are bastards and, without fail, whenever I feel good about them, they decide to double and start automatically deducting from my account without permission. Automatic debit is thievery disguised as convenience. Overdraft fees are just...well, fair enough, but they suck.
nts: Call AES and tell them to shut that shit off....again.
Good news is, the FBI took money from me! That means that my background check happened! Yeah!
2. OTHER THAN THAT LOAN BUSINESS JUST NOW, I'm in a ridiculously good mood! MOAR ABOUT THAT AND LESS ABOUT HOW I'LL NEVER GET AHEAD. ^_^Oh, excellent moment on the way to work.
Yeah! So it's Friday and a fantastic weekend with Lizzie is coming up! Cheese and soup and towers and Indian food and a surprise date!
Also, I've been going INSANE at work lately and next week is a merciful schedule change. Loads of made-up classes I'm supposed to just make up materials for because my school wants to pump kids for money without splashing out for books, but hey, I'll take it. Not that I've got much choice. And after the battles I've had with some of the middle schoolers, I'll be glad not to deal with them for a few weeks.
MY LAST DAY OF WORK IS A MONTH FROM NEXT TUESDAY.
I really like some of these kids. And I learned a lot more about teaching. And I'm glad I didn't quit. Paperwork is happening at home (thanks to amazing friends and family in the States) and the job hunt for my third year in Korea is going well, methinks.
After productively (yeah!) 1. taking down my heaps of trash/recyclables, 2. packing another box, 3. setting out my clothes for the weekend, and 4. working on a painting, I rode my bike to work.
On my street, I was pedaling slowly behind two older women who were walking together. I was waiting for the sidewalk to widen up ahead, but one of the women noticed me and told her friend to move over so that I could pass. I thanked them and one of the ladies shouted, "CERTAINLY!" as I rode away.
It took a moment to register and then I nearly fell off my bike laughing. And they laughed at me.
Best.
And I'm done teaching for today because testing happened! I'm bummed (in a way) about my cancelled classes because I was prepped and excited to teach them, but hey, now I'm getting paid to blog and I could totally stand to not talk to a Korean teenager until Monday. But only a bit more of this and then it's time to figure out writing textbooks for the 7th graders (Y1 middle schoolers) or else I'm screwed next week.^_^
And I guess I'm the kind of person who gives a shit about Monday on a Friday. WHO AM I?!
Some pretty that's been the soundtrack to my fabulous day:
Dear Tmz- Have I mentioned how happy I am to have met you? I adore your mere existence, and your shared tidbits, and your smile. Thanks for being you.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Weo