Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Some Grumbles

Still no visa issuance number. Called work last week and they were all like, "oh, we're going to immigration this afternoon!" I was sent an updated version of the Health Statement form (oh, that guy....) to scan and send back and have heard nothing since. Hello. I just want my damn visa and for just one person from my new job to stay in contact with me. It's a good thing I have some idea of what goes on during the visa application because things only ever seem to happen when I call them up. I know they're busy...but that's exactly why the company's recruiter, whose job it is to handle this stuff, should be in contact with me. I'm so glad that I paid $57 to overnight this paperwork to Korea so it could just sit there. I feel pent up and grumpy today. I don't really want to sit on having to call the embassy in NYC. I know it's ridiculous to worry about, but what if I have to go for an interview again? I just want to get to the part where I send off that paperwork to New York and that's that. Well, really, I want my passport back in my hands with my visa in it and my e-ticket in my inbox.

There are many, many things I love about Korea. And rather than write about the things I don't love about Korea, which is what I want to turn this sentence into about 1000 times, I have to remember those things that I love. And remember that I have a job and that puts me way ahead of the game. I'll get back. And I'm going to have a great and productive year.

No comments:

Post a Comment