Monday, October 18, 2010

Kuh-chigguh!

I had a phone interview for a job last night! And I'm really excited about this position, so I shan't jinx it by talking about the gig itself. I actually didn't have a phone interview last year. Lindsay sent along my introduction video (which you can see on her recruiting website [ here ]. How cool is that?), so my school didn't feel the need to call me. My friend Stephanie reminded me to smile (a great tip!) as it would be appear in my tone and I think I did. But my heart was all but pounding out of my chest so I don't think I spoke slowly and clearly enough. Most school representatives (this one included) speak English as a second language, so slowing down a bit is helpful.

I just got some more adorable pictures from my Korean family. Here's a picture of their dog, Baekgu (who lives at their country home), and her seven adorable new puppies.


Their dog is named after a famous Korean dog. Here's the story:

Baekgu was born in 1988 in Donji-ri Uisin-myeon Jind-gun and its master was Mrs. Park, Bok Dan.  Although it was sold and sent to Daejeon in March 1993 at the age of five, Baekgu could not forget the love of Mrs. Park and her grandchildren.  Eventually, Baekdu cut its leash and escaped.  It traveled 300㎞ and finally returned to its original master in October 1993.  When it came back home, it was skinny and exhausted. 


Baekgu retrieved its health with the love of Mrs. Park and later gave birth to cute puppies.  Well-known in Korea as the most faithful dog, Baekgu lived a happy life with Mrs. Park and her family until it died in February 2000 at the age of 13. 
Baekgu crossed many mountains and rivers to find its way back home and showed the faithfulness, brightness, and mysterious capacity of Jindogae. 


To remember Baekgu, a Jindogae, Baekgu Park was established at Donji-ri Uisin-myeon Jindo-gun in June 2002. 


I'm enjoying a coupla  days visiting Conneaut Lake. My friends, Jim and Phyllis have a house here and it's one of my favorite places in the whole world. I love lake.

My friend Lizbith invited me to go with her and some other lovelies to the haunted house at Conneaut Lake Park this past Saturday. I'd never been to a haunted house before and this was a particularly large one...with 7 separate houses and a coaster to ride on. I'm a giant weenie, so I screamed non-stop (and recorded it for my sister using my voice recorder/mp3 player. Maybe I'll post some highlights when I get around to editing the tracks). I walked through each house holding on to my friend Brian's shirt. 'twas a great time with great people. And then they kindly dropped me off and PnJ's 'round the other side of the lake.

Oh, I've just checked my bank account and I've received a charge from the FBI for processing my background check! This is great news! It means, hopefully, that my background check was able to go through. I've been worried that having them done in Korea would be a problem. It could mean they couldn't complete the form, but charged me anyway. Either way, at least I'll know if it's gone through or not.

I'm reading Bone by Jeff Smith with Noah after school. And Axe Cop [ www.axecop.com ].

Here's another fall-ish video to enjoy.


"Bloody Nose" by Jack Conte

No comments:

Post a Comment