Thursday, March 3, 2011

8 classes (not 9!) later...

Today was ok. I can hack it. Yay.

Also, Amy.0 looks like Korean Kristin Chenoweth.

Also also, J-ja-sa is my favorite class and I talk about them constantly in real life. And I just realized that I don't think I posted any anecdotes from their class on here. Real quick, the students' names are (as they've told me they want to be called): Jeong-jin (f), Simon, Chang (m), Tiramica (m), and Kevin. The class has been recently moved around a bit (split up and students added), but these guys are the real deal.

Here's a small tale from way back:

Tiramica said that he had a terrible weekend because he lost his cell phone and he had no idea how it happened. To which I jokingly (and somewhat inappropriately) suggested "soju?" He and the other students had a laugh at that and then Chang asked me if I knew C1, Busan's brand of soju. I said that I had noticed it last week because on the bottles was printed "Dokdo is Korean Territory" which amused me and I took a picture of the bottle in the store. Then Chang asked me what I thought about the whole thing and I said I didn't know enough about the history and politics involved and asked if the island at least had resources. Simon said that there was oil and fish and all sorts of plants and I was glad that all the squabbling wasn't over some barren rock. Jeong Jin, the forth student (pre-Kevin) and the only girl, sat in the back listening, but was pretty quiet as usual. Chang seemed pretty amused by my answer. Then we got on with the lesson.

ja-ja! I love those kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment