Friday, March 11, 2011

the ol' revolving door

Hanna, current English department head, plans to leave.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

She asked if I want to leave, too.

"not yet."

(I can't afford to pay back the airfare if I leave earlier than 6 months in. I'm pretty well stuck until June. Pleaaaase hire another teacher to replace Hanna. Oh, G-d)

_____________________________________________

Edit 4pm: A WHOLE NEW SCHEDULE on Monday? yessssss.
You're breaking my balls, 하이스트.

_____________________________________________

Edit 5pm: Robot Teacher is leaving, too. So, that leaves me and Amy.0 and a fucking prayer that this school will hire not just 1, but 2 new teachers.

...this leaves me with some motivation issues.

Oh well  Here's an "Oh, Korea" and now it's time to carry on with whatever seems like it should go next. And at least Amy.0 has a more American sense of time and gives me random, incongruous notice about what's going on. ....hmmm, even that's mildly disturbing.

And I'll stop updating in this post, I swear. But, this jimjam of wordsy panic attack certainly shows an expat's life in Korea. Well, mine anyway and that's the point, yeah?

And I really do love this country. Just this afternoon, I was singing "We Are the Champions" with Ran and Korean Gangster Father as we drove by the ocean. It's not all bad. But it's ALWAYS RIDICULOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment