Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Homosexuality in Korea

Oh hey. I found this, so here's another Korea post, rather than an English one. Maybe they happen from time to time. 영원히 사랑!

Being homosexuality in Korea is an interesting experience.

Here's a video about that (which isn't embedded because I'm lazily posting this from my phone):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2d5ZNFpy4U&sns=em

Additionally, there are two large groups of queer women who gather regularly in Seoul and Busan. The groups are a mixture of Korean and expat women. The group in Busan was started by Korean members, but I'm not sure about Seoul.

I met Lizzie at a Busan Sisters New Year's Eve excursion two years ago AND my best friend also met her wife in Korea (but they found each other on their own in Daegu). But it's not just about finding some hot babes. ^^ Sometimes being in the closet at work gets old and having all of these homos around really helps. And they'll always help you move your couch or invite you over for tea so you don't get too scared watching The Walking Dead all by yourself.

And I went to my first gay pride festival in South Korea! There's a very strict no-pictures policy and a few people wear face masks, but it's big and fun and it exists!

Official Website: http://www.kqcf.org/

That's being gay in South Korea (for this guy, anyway)!

No comments:

Post a Comment