Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Ah! The sun's out! (More pictures of Cambridge, which is the place that I live now, apparently.)

See?

That's King's College? Maybe? I still don't understand this place.

I'm in love with this library. And that woman standing next to it!

Every time I walk onto this bridge, I can't breathe.

Not bad, eh? Also, canoeing around this river is called "punting." I may punt some day. 
I could even do that as a job.


Here's to the left of the bridge.

With a bike!

Ooh! With a bike in front of a river!







...

I live here.

What?

Ah, my hair looks all weird and comb over-y. But this picture is the only documentation I've got of my very first Cornish pasty. It's roast beef and potato in a pastry crust. FAIRLY DELICIOUS.

But no one likes Cornish pastries as much as this guy.
Dang.

Also, next week, I go for an interview to get my national insurance number so that I can work in the UK. I'm oddly excited about it! I guess this is happening, then. ^_^

6 comments:

  1. a) So amazing that this is where you live now!
    b) Your pictures make me want to live there too!
    c) I love those glasses!
    d) I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a) I know, right?! Thanks!
    b) COME ON OVER HERE! They've got cheese! And bread! And olives!
    c) Thank you! Lizzie picked them out for me!
    d) I miss you, too!
    e) I totally bailed on the calculus class. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. b) I wish! We were actually just in Ireland (Emily is studying abroad there), so no more travel for a while. :(
    e) haha, it's all good. calculus shmalculus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. b) Oh yeah! One of the Beldens mentioned that (cuz Facebook). How was it? It looks so beautiful in every picture I've ever seen. What did you do there? Also, can I be on some sort of waiting list for trips?
    e) And how!
    f) This is the best way to communicate! Well done, us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. b) It was beautiful! So much green, so many castles. Although it was unexpectedly cold. You are like right next to Ireland - you should go check it out! And/or you should visit London when Emily does (in May?). She is pretty great. I will add you to our waiting list, for sure. I know Rob would love to go back to England.
    f) See my several-day response time to the evidence of this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. b) Hurrah! I love a castle! I will go check it out. I think Germany and Scotland will happen first though. Hills and castles all over the damn place. Tell Emily she can drop me a line and we can hi-5 in London. That would be neat. Good. Done and done.

    f) I'll take it! We're both pretty sporadic at keeping in touch. I just happened to be unemployed for the moment. ^_^

    NO WORRIES.

    ReplyDelete