Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hell, I'm drinking instant coffee today anyway...

And lo, I am mighty weary of recruiters. This process makes me struggle with my love for Korea at all. Getting the hagwon runaround on one end and then checking out each prospective school on the sometimes ceaseless stream of negativity that is Dave's ESL cafe forums.... blech.

I need to read me some [ KoreaLove Lovely ]. And right meow, I'maremind myself of why I love Korea....

1. My Korean family
Dong-in and Dong-gun at their country house. 
2. Highspeed Trains
3. [ Peppero Day ]
4. Banchan-- Korean sidedishes that are endlessly replenished
5. Mountains
6. Being in the middle of a lesson and realizing it's going supremely well.
7. A class freaking out with pride when I manage to spell something correctly in Korean.
8. 17 year old boys walking down the hall, singing in the HIGHEST of falsettos.
9. Perms
10. PC rooms
11. World Cup Fever-- and my students cheering on North Korea and Japan as well
12. Jimjilbangs-- Public bathhouses. Dude, you can even sleep there for 10,000won (about $9) if you're hard up on Love Motel cash ($38).
13. Old ladies on the bus stealing (they won't hear no) my heavy packages while I'm standing (if there's standing-room only), so that I don't have to carry them.
14. Pretty much anything Korean old ladies do anyway. They badass and hilarious.
15. "Service"-- Konglish for "free shit"
16. Statues everywhere.
17. Handsome hairless forearms ^^
18. Man bags
19. Getting anywhere in the country in 5 hours or less
20. Fusion coleslaw pizza

Ah, that's better. For today, no more e-mails and no more phonecalls. If I'm supposed to go back, I will. 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Love,
    Come to Florida, Pablo. Pablo honey? Please. Come to Florida.
    AND, if you don't get that reference, I'll just blurt it out-
    I MISS A YOU!!! COME BACK HERE!
    Until you return, I am totally holding your art and art things hostage. If you're not careful, I'll start sending randsom notes.
    Seriously- the boy and I miss you a bunch. We need 'em squishes. I hope you have a bit on the job end: But remember, public schools are awesome too! Don't forget about those places!!! Ok? Ok. Get 'er done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Workin' on it, love. Workin' ruhl hard.

    ReplyDelete