Thursday, December 16, 2010

My flight HAS been booked!

Just got (some) of the haps this morning in a series of e-mails from my recruiter. And one e-mail devoted entirely to fretting about blankets. Like three paragraphs of blanket fret. Adorable.

So, I fly out from Cleveland at 6:30am on Monday (because when has a flight ever left at a reasonable hour?). With the general rule being to arrive 3 hours early for international flights (especially this close to Christmas), Dad and I will simply leave the Belden house at midnight. You know, when I've just finished packing. ^_^

Two small issues.

One is that my itinerary isn't showing a flight to get me from Chicago to Seattle. I e-mailed my recruiter about it and hopefully the document they sent me is simply a compilation of all my flight schedules and they just forgot to paste one in. Or there's a giant gap in flights and they've got a serious problem to deal with, haha. My mom, being the cleverest lady, reminded me that the airports will be insane because of holiday travel. Maybe it would just be faster to take a bus for those 2000 miles. ^_^

Also, I HATE layovers. They terrify me. It's not the hassle or waste of time or blah. I'm just afraid I won't be on time for my next flight or I'll miss some crucial memo and not be allowed to go. I CAN'T LIKE IT. Oh well. At least I didn't have to pay for the flight up front like last year.

The other, smaller, issue is that I've got to change airports in Korea. I don't know if I've mentioned this, but Korea is a silly place, full of last minute tomfoolery, disorganization, and just plain chaos. .....+ Airport. Dear G-d. Incheon International's got its pants on, but who knows where the pants are at Gimpo Int'l. Not to mention I've never been to Gimpo airport, but there's likely a shuttle that I'll stumble into.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'll get to Busan on Tuesday around 9:30pm KST (or 7:30am EST...25 hours in transit....yaaay) and I'll go to work the next day. Now here's what's up...I looked for this job for THREE MONTHS. My ass doesn't go to work until 2pm. Suck on that, public school.

That's haps.

And here's my dad grinning next to the family's yet-to-be-chopped Christmas tree:

(also Tyler sitting in the snow)
ja-ja!

2 comments:

  1. the good news is you have the advantage of knowing how helpful koreans will be, especially for a megookin.... and THEY don't have to know this isn't your first ever time on korean soil. play cute and dumb at the airport, and some one will likely hold your hand from one plane to the next.
    also, don't forget to bring a blanket. or you could buy a blanket. they sell blankets at several different stores, but you'll want one that's really nice and warm. i'll attach a list of desirable blanket sizes, shapes and colors specifically for this season. k? k. happy travels, kid!!!

    ReplyDelete