- being in Korea again is really bizarre. it's like that time I went before was a dream and now, I've just randomly decided to go where I had a dream about. Like, say, you had a dream about selling pickles in India. Then you wake up and actually go there and do that.
- the little baby on the bus to the hotel last night was THE CUTEST THING, AHHHHH. His name was Eugene.
- I have Korean city culture shock. There's a mega mart near my apartment. Where they sell pet stuff and coffee beans and Heinz mustard. Ho-ly shit. Lacey works nearby. I might go have tacos with her after I pass out. THAT IS BIZARRE AND AWESOME
- Don't ever, ever think you know what you're doing in Korea. Because I've never been for-real-shopping at a Korean department store, I didn't realize that you have to request and then pay for bags or go to a counter, tape up a used box, and put your shit in that. great for the environment. I was mightily perplexed by it, however.
- The taxi driver who drove me from the Busan airport put glasses over his glasses to read the paper I gave him with my recruiter's phone number on it. I giggled and assumed bifocals. WRONG. The glasses he was already wearing didn't have lenses in them.
- the apartment next to mine is a babysitting placement agency
- I WILL LEAVE HERE NOW AND SHOVE KIMCHI IN MY MOUTH AND THEN HAVE THE BEST SLEEP
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
state dependent memory
Soooo effing tired, but some things I don't want to forget once I've rested up and become a normal human again. stream-of-I'm-typing-this-shit-as-I-think-of-it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
gerke's started a rumor you might be at our place for christmas; n'est pas?
ReplyDeleteI might be, but I really don't know. :/
ReplyDelete