Monday, July 11, 2011

Just had another wonderful weekend. Bought some girl clothes and some boy clothes, played The Game of Life with Lizzie, Lacey, and Jen, and splashed around in the stream near Beomosa (temple) with Lizzie. I like that.

I was VERY unhappy about my job last week. Now I'm ok with it. And to boot, because of aforementioned loveliness, I'm pretty calm about it.

When I got back to my place this morning, I was bopping around, unpacking from the weekend and getting ready to work on one of my paintings. Suddenly, I noticed that some of the cardboard next to my drawing table was damp and had some mold growing on it. I started moving things and found water had been leaking out of my air conditioner, behind the first layer of wallpaper, and onto the floor. I hadn't noticed the giant patch of green mold because of the protective wallpaper I had sticky tacked to the wall so I could hang up references and scribble everywhere without worrying about hurting the original wallpaper. I hadn't noticed the water on the floor because of the protective mat I had laid down so I woouldn't have to worry about dripping paint..

While the mold is gross and wallpapering in an air conditioning unit is stupid, I was pretty calm about that and just set about moving everything, cleaning, and taking all of the stuff off my walls. I'm used to drawings and paintings and writing everywhere but it would certainly startle the Koreans who would come in to fix things up, infinitely complicating the situation. And I dismantled my cardboard and duct tape shelves for the same reason. Once I normal some more things up tonight, then I'll tell my school about it tomorrow. And not use my air conditioner, which should be easy enough as I've never had one before anyway.

And now I'm back at work. The grand, sweeping curriculum changes have been delayed another week. Hanna quit last Tuesday and they seem to have replaced her already PLUS it looks like fluent-in-English-secretary is going to teach too, so we're FINALLY back up to 5 teachers (which hasn't happened since....mid/late January?). Just three classes today. I can deal. And they gots to pay me. And something fun might even sneak in the work day. If it's going to sneak in anyone's job, it's more likely mine that most, which is good to remember.

Life is good. I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment