Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Who's Christian Side?

Some school news:


1. Adjusting to new curriculum is hard. This week is a bit of a shit show. Hopefully, next week will be better. It'll also be the beginning of the summer time schedule, so in at 10am and out at 6pm (I think). I'm excited to SWITCH IT UP. And my vacation time is sooon. Some days off will be LOVELY.


2. NTS: Post part 1 of Jeong-Hun's BRILLIANT rewrite of "The Lady or the Tiger"


3. I now have a 9-year-old student who lived in America for the past 2 or 3 years and speaks more English than Korean. He has GIANT eyes and he looks JUST LIKE NOAH (but Korean). He talks like him and he wants to tell stories about how playing with boys is better than playing with girls and ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS HUG HIM IN CLASS. 

At the moment, he's in class with a girl who's JUST learning how to read. Yesterday's lesson was "It looks like a (shape)." It looks like a circle! It looks like a triangle! 

Dong-woo (the little boy): Actually, this one looks like a sphere.
Jenny: ????
Me: Uh oh.

Oh, Korea. 

I want to play with this kid SO MUCH. I tried to get a 1:1 class with him (which would mean more work and less planning time), but I was voted down (come on! I'm asking to do more work!). Instead, I'll be teaching two different lessons simultaneously to both students. Oy.

Some life news:

1. Gonna learn myself how to get dual-citizenship again so that living/working/schooling in Europe is easier. That's next after Korea, methinks. Also, I just realized last night that I'm over halfway finished with my ESL-in-Korea career. THANK G-D. It's silly and I learn a lot, but I'm ready for something new.

2. I think that's pretty much it for right now, but I may have written this post (almost) entirely as an excuse to post this video:



This is gonna be stuck in my head all day. It'll probably meld with "Friday" and "Sleazy" to form some horrendous abomination that makes my brain explode OR that gives me super powers, possibly something akin to Alex Mack (oooooh, girl! That takes me BACK).

BWAHAHAHA.

3. Also, one of my paintings is going really well and is about 80% finished. Pictures soon.


the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment