Thursday, September 3, 2009

I may learn how to make cheesecake while in Korea.

Did the ol' get, cook, do dishes, watch trashy fashion channel tv (one of three stations in English...I did watch some strange, Korean comedy show, too), take a shower, and drink tea routine. Then I went to the PC bang for a few hours (I got to talk to Jeremy! Wahoo!), made lunch, and did some reading* before SUCCESSFULLY getting to Gwangju to go pick up my exam results. Then I met up with an expat I had met on Monday and he toured me about downtown again (which is good...my mind is a sieve and my spatial reasoning is terrible). He also showed me the Underground Grocery, a store run by a Canadian that has food from home--like blocks of cheese! And the owner is a really nice dude. I predict crying over gummy bears in a month, haha.

*NTS: copy that cool quote from Zen Action: Zen Person.

Then we went to this fish place he knows and ate a giant amount and variety of food for only 6000 won each (remember...just divide won by 1000 for an approximate idea of USD). The vegatables, especially the different stringy bits were really good. The soup was AWESOME, loved the kimchi, was amused by the crunchy shellfish dish, and the fish, of course, was beautiful. Some leafy bit tasted like a salt lick, but with the rice and some other veggies, was really good. The sea snail was good, too! Afterward, we went to a club that foreigners frequent and, oddly enough, I had Coke from a real Coke bottle for the first time. I met a bunch of other really nice expats and we talked about Hell's Kitchen, played pool, and some of the guys played some trivia game thinger. Then I got back to Naju with NO PROBLEMS! Bwahaha!

Tomorrow, I move to my real apartment and possibly (it hasn't come up again) tour my school. Cool plans for the weekend and teaching on Monday. I'm so pumped to be a teacher!

That's it for now.
-Tamz

No comments:

Post a Comment