Thursday, September 3, 2009

Medical Exam

I had my medical exam yesterday. That was...interesting. Thank G-d I had a Korean-speaking woman, Eun-ju, with me! We had to run to several different buildings and offices for my height, weight, and eye exam, a quick dental check (one cavity...weh wehhhh), a chest x-ray, and giving urine and blood samples. Peeing in a cup is still stupidly difficult. Boys have it so easy on that one--They've got a neat little hose and all is well and good. It might be a little graphic to say so, but of course when I had to pee into a small receptacle, I sprayed all over my left leg--no neat little stream for me. It's just so silly. And I was nervous about giving blood, but it didn't hurt at all. The nurse asked about my tattoo, saying "what does it mean?" I asked, rather directly, "are you Christian?" (I don't know why I asked that way... I just wanted to indicate it was from scripture...) and she said no. I said that it means "you have been told what is good. To do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with G-d." She said "I don't really think I believe--do you?" I said "In G-d? Yes, but I'm not a Christian... uh..." I left it off there... I wasn't sure how fluent she was and I felt as though I was already privy to something quite intimate. Eun-ju and I then discussed how expensive medical procedures in America were and soon parted ways. I was so grateful to have her help!

I thought I had the getting back to Naju thing DOWN but the 160 bus doesn't run in the proper direction (that I could find) at the Songmu stop, so I got back on the subway to Dosan, a stop I remembered from a previous getting-directions-session. I asked a man for the direction of Naju and caught the 160 bus (success!), but got off a stop early because it was dark (fail!). It was about a 1/2 a mile walk back, but I was happy to know where I was. I took what I intended to be a nap, but went sleep for the night.

And as promised, here's shinae (downtown) Gwangju!


Also, no more EZ2DJ. A button is broken on either side of the machine. Booo. I am amused it took me so long to figure that out, however. That's it for meow.

-Tamz

No comments:

Post a Comment