Thursday, September 17, 2009

Modeh Ani Lefanecha!

Today, I was able to communicate to a student for the first time that the best way to learn English is to practice speaking as much as possible by doing whatever is necessary (drawing, gesturing, and trying out vocabulary in different ways) in order to get across the idea at hand. This communication with a very earnest young lady makes dealing with too-cool high school senior boys worth it. She said something about her and her friend studying with me in December, but I'm not really sure what that means. I know I'll teach an English camp in the summer...but if I'm supposed to tutor them...GREAT! Eager students that I can give all of my attention to? Hurrah! I don't know what that would mean in regard to traveling, but either way, awesomeness.

In addition to this, I was catapulted right on up to cloud nine by my doppelganger informing me that there's a flash mob rendition of "Do Re Mi!" It's so good! AH! Simcha! I'm sitting in my living room, just grinning my damn face off.



Oh, got my first gas bill. $6, hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment