Lacey mentioned the possibility of my hagwon claiming bankruptcy. I forgot about that guy.
So many people are coming and going that I honestly don't know how they're managing to keep all of the classes covered. Or how they're hoodwinking new teachers to enter such a tumultuous environment (OH! That's why Rebecca wasn't allowed to sit in the staffroom at first!). If the school does close, they could easily claim that there simply is no money to pay me with. And that's not allowed.
But again, besides vaguely witnessing this weirdness, my job is fine. I know what do at work and it's pretty simple to do. Hours are good, students are awesome, pay is on time (so far).
Apparently, the director is a manipulative, insecure knob who is chapping everyone's ass...but thanks to a lovely language barrier, I don't catch his wrath by saying something he doesn't like and I can't hear any of the things he says, either (or most of the things said about him). But I can see all the comings and goings.
Time to contact my recruiters (who will likely say everything is fine) and bully them in to telling me how to deal with bankruptcy/wage issues. And basically let them know shit's going down. But calmly so director doesn't swing his laser beams over on this way.
Beyond that, not much to do yet.
Also: the Immigration hotline # is (on a cell) 1345 (then 3 for Eng)
No comments:
Post a Comment